I received an apology letter today from a lawyer who agreed to write it as part of a settlement in the Supreme Court of Samoa. I explain the context of the letter; analyse the contents and describe the Samoan style of saying sorry. I end with a mini sermon and commentary. Foreigners wishing to learn and understand the Samoan culture should read this post VERY carefully, for Samoa REALLY knows how to say sorry, and we, in the West, have a lot to learn about diplomacy. The lawyer involved is the first person in six years to offer me a full and genuine apology and while it would have been better if he had no need to apologise, I issue my first digital bouquet to Pau Tafaogalupe Mulitalo, a man who clearly understands the true spirit of Faa Samoa. Enjoy! [Read more…]
Archives for February 2016
A privately owned computer company Computer Services Limited (CSL) has registered the primary newspaper’s domain name (samoaobserver.ws) in their own name. This is very ‘naughty’ for an IT company in a position of trust to register a domain name for a client in their own name . . . it’s a tempting practice we outlawed in New Zealand years ago. I discuss the history with reference back to New Zealand’s domain name space and give advice. [Read more…]
I am pleased to now report on the successful return of the SWAPmobile into SWAP custody. Following a year-long court wrangle SWAP’s Toyota Prado Regn 15414 has returned home thanks to a judge that, in his own words, “wanted resolution of the matter” and [hint; hint] “today”. It happened today, thanks to everyone ‘doing their bit’.
Samoa Observer (Samoa’s local tabloid) is AGAIN in deep doodoo (and no it’s nothing to do with me suing them or them suing me!) it’s again their amateurish approach to IT matters, especially online. In this post I demonstrate that yet again Samoa Observer is poised to lose all their online history on Google, a worst case scenario for anyone interested in making or maintaining a web presence. I give them warning and advice. [Read more…]
This post is an initial ‘whack’ at reporting my observations of the politics within the Samoan legal system. Judges and lawyers with conflicts of interest, bias and personalisation of business matters in a small fiercely proud island state are par for the course it seems. Knowing how corruption pervades Samoa in other strands of Samoan society, I’ve been expecting, perhaps even dreading revelations of the same within the Samoan legal system. My take is that indeed it’s not much different. [Read more…]
In this post I demonstrate where the Creditors’ money went . . . real estate and lifestyle of the two Directors Rob van Hilten and Edgar Kampers. It’s sickening how the people that helped Qoin on its way for philanthropic reasons have gotten conned by the smiles-in-suits but that’s the way conmen work eh? Self first! [Read more…]
This is a public warning to Qoin Supporters (and other participants in the Qoin Con) that within 7 days I will be listing all participants in the fraud, giving them a rating from RED, through ORANGE to GREEN in regards to their role in perpetuating the fraud.
This is a copy of an email sent to all Supporters/Endorsers of the Qoin Con. The smart ones will take action to protect their reputations . . . the rest I will list on the page where I reveal all.
THE EMAIL OF WARNING
I am an author and investigative blogger based in Samoa and in Q3/Q4 2014 I exposed Qoin’s flagship barter exchange Tradeqoin as a totally fraudulent operation.
In Q4, 2015 I commenced an investigation into the Qoin Foundation (and their various multiple offshoots and rotating companies) and announced the publication of the book The Qoin Con in January 2015.
I note that you or your organisation is listed as a supporter of Qoin in some way. I write here as a courtesy to inform you that within 7 days I will be publishing a post listing all participants in the fraudulent activities of Qoin. As I believe that the principals of Qoin (Rob van Hilten and Edgar Kampers) have used deception to leverage their multiple connections to perpetuate what I call the Qoin Con, I am alerting you to the possibility that you or your organisation may be exposed as an unwitting endorsement of a criminal activity, as I have blogged about extensively.
May I suggest that if you do not wish to be seen to participating in this fraud that you have your name removed from Qoin’s marketing materials – for they are obviously using your name to gain credibility. This is not a binary situation for me hence my categorisation of participants into 5 colour-coded categories from RED (full active participants in the fraud) through ORANGE to GREEN (innocent).
If you believe that you may have been used by the conmen Edgar Kampers and Rob van Hilten, an excellent way to validate your position is to CC me into any email request for Qoin to cease their use of your name on their marketing materials.
Should you require clarification of any matter I am available, able and willing to speak with you personally. There is a plethora of background information and commentary with ample evidence of the Con on my website, simply search for QOIN or TRADEQOIN.
I would note that the upcoming blog post will occur within 7 days and will list all individuals and/or entities listed on the Qoin website at that time, or if it is removed from the Internet before that date, the last snapshot available online and it will exclude all/any organisations that indicate their active request to be removed from Qoin’s marketing materials.
Thanking you for your time and cooperation.
Dennis A. Smith – www.dennis.co.nz – My digital home
Camp Samoa – www.campsamoa.com – Samoa on a budget!
SWAP Foundation – www.swapsamoa.com – Home of Samoa voluntourism
Gold Tick Services Ltd – www.goldtick.co.nz – Information facilitators: print & web
WWOOF Samoa – www.wwoofsamoa.com – Volunteering on organic farms in Samoa.
Samoa Village Stays – www.samoavillagestays.com – Experience third-world rural Samoa
– – – – – – – –
Phone (mobile): +685 777-9999
Street: Camp Samoa, Aleisa East, Samoa
Postal: P O Box 55, Apia, Samoa
Club Credits Code: FX693M8
– – – – – – – –
The Qoin Series
- The Qoin Con – Exposing them all - Notification of pending book release [766 words]
- Using Modus Operandii to expose Qoin - a precis of the logic used to expose the con [4,144 words]
- Coordinating Qoin’s Creditors - help and advice for Qoin's affected Creditors [3,918 words]
- Qoin Questionnaire - Creditor Questionnaire
- IRTA’s Cover-Up of The Qoin Con - IRTA actively covered for the crooks, for years [2.257 words]
- Qoin on the Ropes - The conmen moving into panic mode as creditors start calling, and squeezing [2,710 words]
- Qoin Screwing Their Creditors - Incredibly callous actions of greedy conmen without a conscience exposed [2,558 words]
- Qoin Directors’ Criminal Actions - An analysis of trading while insolvent & fraud, plus the serious consequences [3,999 words]
- Qoin’s Cover Up Commences - The first of the companies closed down (owing €95k BTW!) [1,348 words]
- Qoin’s Veritable Maze of Confusion - Just some of the current companies, the cancelled companies and the phantom companies [2,142 words]
- Qoin Fraud Exploits Crowdfunding Loopholes - Geld voor Elkaar and particularly Symbid are highly exposed having supported the Qoin fraud [1,521 words]
- Qoin Exposes Stichting Doen’s Nepotism - Stitchting DOEN has funded, was warned and covered up. They are complicit [2,273 words]
- WARNING to Tradeqoin Members - Tradeqoin is simply a database of names but all who allow their names to be used help perpetuate the fraud [635 words]
- Qoin’s Conman Rob van Hilten’s Lies - Proven liar, liar, liar, liar, lair! [1,848 words]
- WARNING to Qoin Supporters/Endorsers - Conmen leverage relationships with "big names" to gain credibility - A warning to those who may have been conned [601 words]
- Bye Bye Qoin – Officially Bankrupt - A slap in the face for Qoin's two conmen, their active supporters to the end, IRTA's Executive, and other losers who backed the donkey of BS over a thoroughbred of facts. [2,277 words]
- Issues for Qoin’s Liquidator [Curator] - All liquidators of frauds must work through deception. Good ones will get there and find the money. [1,530 words]
- IRTA Source Emails Annette Riggs [7,220 words]
- IRTA Source Email – Ron Whitney [1,098 words]
- Correcting IRTA’s ad hominems - Reveals & proves an ugly personal agenda [ 3,153 words]
- Qoin’s Bankruptcy Unravelled - The details and explanation [2,613 words]
- Qoin as a Source of Ridicule - Nobody trusts them now [1,140 words]
- Qoin’s Bankruptcy – Liquidator Report - Here's the proof! [4,722 words]
- Qoin’s Trading While Insolvent - Damning White Collar crime proved - THE KILLER-POST! [1,639 words]
- Qoin Conmen’s Methodology - Explaining the confidence game [2,741 words]
- Qoin's Bankruptcy - Industry Significance - Significant! [2,016 words]
- Qoin Spins Down & Down - IRTA's spin on Qoin's bankruptcy [991 words]
- IRTA’s Defence Undermined by FACTS - Jacob Musschenga pings IRTA's spin [1,353 words]
- IRTA: Explaining is a Sign of Defeat - Damning commentary of IRTA's Defence [3,492 words]
- Qoin’s Crimes Listed - Summarising criminal actions of Qoin's Directors [1,176 words]
Frontman for the Qoin Con is Rob van Hilten. In this post I turn the light on one of the conmen showing how simple facts get in the way of the truth. Caught lying once and you can be VERY sure that another one is just around the corner. Two, three, four or five times and the pattern is clear – truth and conmen are VERY long distant relations. Enjoy! [Read more…]
This is a public warning to Tradeqoin Members (and other participants in the Qoin Con) that within 7 days I will be listing all participants in the fraud, giving them a rating from RED, through ORANGE to GREEN in regards to their role in perpetuating the fraud. [Read more…]