With Qoin’s recent bankruptcy (29 March 2016) the Liquidator [called the ‘Curator’ in The Netherlands] has a challenge ahead of him to “find the gold” in the midst of a sea of deliberate confusion and obfuscation. This post gives a summary of the issues that he will be facing . . . including the conmen’s attempts to conceal and retain assets. Deception though is futile when you know the facts – as I do! Enjoy.
Over the last three years I have revealed [first] Tradeqoin, and [then] its mother entity Qoin, to be outright frauds, run by two conmen Rob van Hilten and Edgar Kampers. These two lads with the gift of the gab have successfully pilfered, lied and bought their way into the hearts of the top echelon of the industry association IRTA, through Annette Riggs and Ron Whitney on the back of their ‘little-known’ and ‘little-talked about’ trip to an obscure Netherlands event a few years ago. [More to come on that story another time!]
Self-proclaimed ‘industry experts’, they used their conmen skills to develop an extensive network of high-profile supporters across the globe, an activity in keeping of all conmen – ‘name-dropping’.
In Q4 2015, I announced the publication of my book The Qoin Con, an event that drew a line in the sand, one that eventually, along with extensive blogging brought about the demise of yet another dodgy operation in the Alternative Currency space, this one just yet another front for criminal conduct.
The Bankruptcy Process
In Q1, 2016, directly following my blogging and my direct communications with Qoin’s individual creditors, a Dutch court adjudicated the mother entity to the entire Qoin suite of foundations and companies bankrupt.
A bankruptcy in the Netherlands requires two (or more) petitioners to file a claim. If they can’t or don’t pay up, you’re dead. As I have announced recently, Bye Bye Qoin.
As I have blogged about for years, this is no surprise and was inevitable following my determination to publish the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Job done. The truth’s out there for anyone to see it all for posterity.
The Liquidator however has a few things to work through. The Qoin conmen think that they’re smart. They’re not. They are simply two losers with the gift-of-the-gab who got lucky, milked it for all they could then came unstuck when I started to turn the heat on them with some hard-hitting investigative blogging.
Knowing that they had ‘cashflow issues’ they called upon a specialist in the legal field, a Dutch gentleman Deiderick Gunters. Mr Gunters specialises in helping people in a pickle. He strikes me as a nice guy, a little different perhaps in some ways, but always friendly, happy to help and knowledgeable in his line of business. While there’s a lot to him apart from this, he will come into a company against the wall, get the creditors off your back, help structure your affairs so that you can save your a*se, and hopefully live to fight another day.
In the process of escaping from the inevitable, Edgar Kampers restructured his entire operations with [yet another] string of ‘dodgy’ foundations, companies and trusts all designed to confuse, obfuscate and escape the attention of those like me interested in reality. Unfortunately for the conmen, Mr Gunters, while very capable of playing hardball with disgruntled creditors to save a client going down the gurgler, also has a conscience and helped me to understand the REAL situation behind the scenes of the Qoin fraud!
And boy does he know and understand it inside out. I know because I have asked him the hard questions, the ones that the conmen would be praying like crazy the answers never came into the light of day. Mr Gunters not only had the answers, he had the proof, and [without going into a lot of details] I have in my possession a signed affidavit from Mr Gunters. Nuff said for the moment – just buy the book!
It also didn’t help the conmen’s best interests either when they ripped Mr Gunters off! The phrase that there’s no honour among thieves comes to mind. Did I tell you that these conmen aren’t the smartest kids on the block?
The Liquidator will be able to go back to these documents and company structures and to prove that, contrary to the best efforts from the conmen to trick upset creditors (now represented by the Liquidator) to believing that they all dealt with the parent company and not Qoin, indeed the Liquidator surely does have all the assets of the entire whizz-bang show at his fingertips.
There are some loose ends to fix. Both primary websites www.tradeqoin.com and www.qoin.org are still “up”. This won’t last because noone will be paying the bill for their renewal and hosting forever when the boys are in jail!
Secondly one of the principals of the failed business owns one of the domain names through his hosting company –
Registrant Contact Information: qoin.org
Name: Simon Woolf
Organization: SJW Hosting
Not good! Not good at all!
The Liquidator will be VERY interested to see the legal agreement between the bankrupted entity and Simon’s Hosting company because most creditors will assume that the bankrupted company’s primary domain name should be owned by THEM – not a principal’s personal hosting business. If it be found that SJW Hosting is not a legal entity and is just a trading name for Simon Woolf personally then as an office-holder of a failed company (Simon was CTO) then there may be some serious clawback about to occur.
But there’s an interesting piece of information publicly visible in Tradeqoin.com’s WHOIS data, note the details in the Registrant Organization field of tradeqoin.com’s WHOIS data:
Registrant Contact Information: tradeqoin.com
Registrant Name: Simon Woolf
Registrant Organization: Stichting POINTS T/a Qoin
Registrant Street: Donker Curtiusstraat 7 – unit 114
Registrant City: Amsterdam
Registrant Postal Code: 1051 JL
Registrant Country: NL
Registrant Phone: +31.207173505
Registrant Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This shows that the bankrupted entity is indeed Qoin and that any attempt to keep the Qoin name (and of course assets) out of the bankruptcy are clearly attempts to deceive – yet again!
UPDATE: Within 24 hours of this blog being published, surprise, surprise, the Domain Registry details were updated . . .
Registrant Name: Rob Van Hilten
Registrant Organization: Qoin BV
Registrant Street: Van Slingelandtstraat 63
Registrant Street: 1051 CG
Registrant City: Amsterdam
Registrant Postal Code: 1051 CG
Registrant Country: NL
Registrant Phone: +31.207173505
Registrant Email: email@example.com
It appears that the conmen require a Samoan blogger to remind them of their errors. You see now that they have transferred the ownership into a new entity Qoin BV with one of the conmen as the contact. Shame, shame Qoin. This act, completed on April 28, 2016 following publication of this blog post (my date/time settings are ahead of the NL date/time) is smoking gun proof of fraud visible in realtime. Rob has attempted to secure an asset owned by the bankrupt organisation for his personal benefit (again) and to attempt to deceive the Curator/Liquidator. This is a crime under Dutch criminal law – acto Pauliana to be precise. It is a false bankruptcy – something the Curator should be VERY interested in. The domain name should be put up for sale or tender by the Curator as it is an asset the proceeds of which is due to the creditors – NOT shuffled after the event back into another entities ownership and hidden from the Curator! Naughty, naughty boys!
There are further complications in that Mr Gunters advised both the conmen to protect their personal assets. Edgar Kampers didn’t. Rob van Hilten though shuffled his house into his wife’s name. Knowing that the company was trading while insolvent at the time that Rob moved the asset into his wife’s name which is an act of fraudulent conveyance and actionable under actio Pauliana laws in the Netherlands; knowing that criminal conduct was occurring and that the houses are proceeds of crime should tickle the ears of the Liquidator for it is perhaps just possible that creditors will actually get something tangible back for their efforts – if the Liquidator interviews the right people and seeks the right documents!
Did I tell you that these guys lack a little up top, or were a sandwich short of a lunch, or where I come from . . . a Weetbix short of a breakfast?
The winding up of any fraudulent operation is always fraught with cost and complexity. In Qoin’s case, it’s easy, just buy the book The Qoin Con or read it all online on my blog! I’ve done the hard yards.
All conmen lie, conceal and try to protect their ill-gotten gains. Many succeed but the noose is closing in around Rob van Hilten and Edgar Kampers as we speak. My prediction . . . crocodile tears about to occur in the conmen’s lairs.
- Use your god-given talents to make the world a better place, not for your own selfish, greedy purposes.
- Count your lucky stars when you get a windfall and don’t assume that the mana will fall from heaven forever. Qoin should have just pocketed the big money from the EU and shut up. Instead they believed their own hype; their egos got in the way and they thought that they were invincible and above the law. Not so it seems!
- Choose your partners in crime carefully and certainly don’t rip them off for eventually they will turn on you, and you’re toast – especially when there is a blogger hovering around and on your tail.
- Don’t p*ss me off by screwing with an industry I work in and care about. The Barter/Alternative Currency industry is absolutely NO better off from ten years of BS from these Qoin people – NONE! All the millions spent over the years lining the pockets of these goons has been for naught – literally, despite what Qoin’s admirers will try to tell you.
- Like with the devil, you can always tell when conmen like Rob and Edgar lie and deceive – just look to see when their lips move. It’s their nature. It’s who they are. Just like birds fly and fish swim . . .
Oh happy days!
In my next post I give commentary on the significance of Qoin’s demise for the Alternative Currency industry. Thanks for swinging by again today.
The Qoin Series
- The Qoin Con – Exposing them all - Notification of pending book release [766 words]
- Using Modus Operandii to expose Qoin - a precis of the logic used to expose the con [4,144 words]
- Coordinating Qoin’s Creditors - help and advice for Qoin's affected Creditors [3,918 words]
- Qoin Questionnaire - Creditor Questionnaire
- IRTA’s Cover-Up of The Qoin Con - IRTA actively covered for the crooks, for years [2.257 words]
- Qoin on the Ropes - The conmen moving into panic mode as creditors start calling, and squeezing [2,710 words]
- Qoin Screwing Their Creditors - Incredibly callous actions of greedy conmen without a conscience exposed [2,558 words]
- Qoin Directors’ Criminal Actions - An analysis of trading while insolvent & fraud, plus the serious consequences [3,999 words]
- Qoin’s Cover Up Commences - The first of the companies closed down (owing €95k BTW!) [1,348 words]
- Qoin’s Veritable Maze of Confusion - Just some of the current companies, the cancelled companies and the phantom companies [2,142 words]
- Qoin Fraud Exploits Crowdfunding Loopholes - Geld voor Elkaar and particularly Symbid are highly exposed having supported the Qoin fraud [1,521 words]
- Qoin Exposes Stichting Doen’s Nepotism - Stitchting DOEN has funded, was warned and covered up. They are complicit [2,273 words]
- WARNING to Tradeqoin Members - Tradeqoin is simply a database of names but all who allow their names to be used help perpetuate the fraud [635 words]
- Qoin’s Conman Rob van Hilten’s Lies - Proven liar, liar, liar, liar, lair! [1,848 words]
- WARNING to Qoin Supporters/Endorsers - Conmen leverage relationships with "big names" to gain credibility - A warning to those who may have been conned [601 words]
- Bye Bye Qoin – Officially Bankrupt - A slap in the face for Qoin's two conmen, their active supporters to the end, IRTA's Executive, and other losers who backed the donkey of BS over a thoroughbred of facts. [2,277 words]
- Issues for Qoin’s Liquidator [Curator] - All liquidators of frauds must work through deception. Good ones will get there and find the money. [1,530 words]
- IRTA Source Emails Annette Riggs [7,220 words]
- IRTA Source Email – Ron Whitney [1,098 words]
- Correcting IRTA’s ad hominems - Reveals & proves an ugly personal agenda [ 3,153 words]
- Qoin’s Bankruptcy Unravelled - The details and explanation [2,613 words]
- Qoin as a Source of Ridicule - Nobody trusts them now [1,140 words]
- Qoin’s Bankruptcy – Liquidator Report - Here's the proof! [4,722 words]
- Qoin’s Trading While Insolvent - Damning White Collar crime proved - THE KILLER-POST! [1,639 words]
- Qoin Conmen’s Methodology - Explaining the confidence game [2,741 words]
- Qoin's Bankruptcy - Industry Significance - Significant! [2,016 words]
- Qoin Spins Down & Down - IRTA's spin on Qoin's bankruptcy [991 words]
- IRTA’s Defence Undermined by FACTS - Jacob Musschenga pings IRTA's spin [1,353 words]
- IRTA: Explaining is a Sign of Defeat - Damning commentary of IRTA's Defence [3,492 words]
- Qoin’s Crimes Listed - Summarising criminal actions of Qoin's Directors [1,176 words]