Qoin’s Directors have knowingly traded while insolvent for years. Not only is this a crime it also exposes every action and decision they make from the point at which they knew they were insolvent to both criminal AND commercial clawback. Qoin’s observers, Creditors AND the Qoin Curator will be stunned beyond belief with the facts I reveal in this post, for I now share THE smoking gun proof of long-term deliberate, conscious fraud on the part of Rob van Hilten and Edgar Kampers. This information has never been shared publicly before. The conmen don’t know that I know it. None of the Creditors know or knew it and neither have the criminal investigators known it until now. I and others have warned IRTA to no avail and many of Qoin’s supporters and admirers have refused to accept this. Today is a watershed moment in the history of Qoin and their conmen, for now they too will know that truly, the game is up and that they must surely be facing staring at concrete concrete walls in orange suits.
There comes a time in any investigation when a piece of information lands on your desk that breaks apart a case. This occurred for me in Q4, 2015 when following a tip-off I interviewed an informant who was a professional business trouble-shooter in The Netherlands. This man’s identity is not a secret – it’s Deiderick Gunters but his testimony recorded multiple times and to a standard that will stand up in court is that while assisting Edgar Kampers and Rob van Hilten, employed as a professional to get them out of the poo, he had assessed their business insolvent and recommended that they file for bankruptcy.
This is not unusual in business in the slightest – one gets into trouble; calls on the legal eagles, bean-counters and specialists to save the day; restructure your affairs; do deal with creditors etc, etc. You pay the experts their fees; they do their expert stuff and all things being equal and with a bit of luck you can claw your way out of the hole and carry on. Anyone in business for more than ten minutes knows that things that can go up can also go down. I too have had the challenges in my business career when I’ve had to dig deep, do deals and work like a trooper to overcome adversity.
What was unusual in Qoin’s case is that upon receiving advice that they had an insolvent business; that the best course of action was to file for bankruptcy; both Rob and Edgar deliberately and consciously chose to NOT do this and continued to trade. Now this in itself is not the end of the world for an insolvent company CAN in some cases be saved with skilled management and the business turned around. But it is a high risk maneuver for if you increase debt and things don’t go well you are in the poo – this time the real poo because you’ve refused to take professional advice and you are WORSE off than before with serious questions around your capacity to make commercial judgement calls.
It is rare that the goose who got one into a sticky situation is good to get us OUT of the sticky situation.
Rob and Edgar are geese that have only one way and that is downwards, so following this stunning display of arrogance by ignoring the very professional advice that they sought and paid for which they didn’t like the sound of, the inevitable occurred – things got worse; debt increased and the business spun down into the inevitable bankruptcy that exists today.
But there are two things that lock in criminal conduct in Qoin’s case and it is the timing and nature of subsequent events. This is where the testimony of the professional advisor is so critical. If it be said that he didn’t know what he was doing; didn’t understand all aspects of the business; or suchlike it COULD possibly be that the Directors made the right call and crimes may be hard to prove.
History and Mr Gunters testimony though prove to an extraordinary level – absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt – that these conmen knew full well that they had nothing; were bust; didn’t have a chance yet pushed through with funding rounds that perpetuated and deepened the Qoin scam.
I have quizzed Mr Gunters thoroughly and did this on more than one occasion. I have a signed affidavit from him but that matters much less than his personal testimony which he has assured me more than once he is VERY willing to give to the Curator and any appropriate authority. Paraphrased our conversations could be in a court of law thus:
“You are telling me that Qoin employed you as a fix-it man because they couldn’t pay the bills and their creditors were screaming?”
“You analysed their affairs having full access to all their accounts and you assessed their business as insolvent?”
“You subsequently advised them that they should file for bankruptcy immediately on this basis?”
“But they refused to do this!”
“And when was this?”
“Before or after the Symbid crowdfunding campaign in which they secured 50,000 Euros?”
“And how do you know that?”
“Because immediately after their rejection of my recommendation for bankruptcy we did the Symbid campaign!”
“What role did you play in developing the Symbid campaign?”
“I did it all. Everything behind the scenes – the valuations, the projections, the lot. Rob handled the public face of it all.”
“But from where did you get all the facts and figures? It looked to me and I blogged about it at the time like fabrications.”
“That’s because they were!”
“Why did you do this?”
“I was paid to do it. It was my job. I handled their creditors to get them off their back; I showed them how to restructure their affairs for creditor protection and then when they wanted to do the crowdfunding I wrote the prospectus for them.”
“What was the reaction at Qoin when I started to blog and what did you do/advise?”
“Total consternation. They came running to me in a blind panic, so we just revised the figures down and took whatever we could get with the second attempt!”
“You advised them to protect their assets by moving them into trusts, but this was only after they were in trouble? That’s illegal isn’t it?”
“Yes, but only if you can prove that they were going bust and knew that!”
“But you can verify that this was the case – they were insolvent and thus any family trust can be clawed back?”
“You’ve turned against them since, going Queen’s evidence so-to-speak. Why did you do this, and for example speak to me?”
“Well in the early days I saw them as nice guys that just got themselves in a pickle so I wanted to help them, but when they ripped me off too, I saw then who they really were – just conmen. That’s why I am happy to help explain the truth to the appropriate people. They shouldn’t be allowed to do what they doing. You asked me the questions. I just answered them.”
IN A NUTSHELL
Qoin was insolvent and going down. The Directors knew this in 2013 and employed a specialist legal man who advised them in his professional capacity that they should declare bankruptcy in 2014.
Rob van Hilten and Edgar Kampers though refused to do this, sought fraudulent additional crowdfunding and other investments thereafter and increased the subsequent losses of Creditors substantially.
The 2014 Symbid funding attempt was based on known fabrications by the conmen and their advisor who is prepared to speak to the Curator and or criminal investigators and confirm this all to a high standard of legal proof.
All it would take is the Curator to obtain the same evidence that I have from Mr Gunters and he and all Qoin Creditors can EASILY claw back all personal assets that the conmen have stolen from them. Criminal investigators also have now access to prime facie evidence of multiple crimes. It is staring them right in the face.
Edgar and Rob, you can prepare for your houses to have mortgagee auctions very shortly and you’ll need to book yourself in for a visit to the criminal courts as defendants in multiple criminal cases, with likely long times staring at white walls with your orange suits on.
This is serious long-term white collar crime in The Netherlands, exposed in real-time (slam-dunk) online by a blogger in Samoa.
Ron Whitney, Executive Director of IRTA and Annette Riggs President of IRTA, eat your hearts out too. You are a disgrace to the industry by actively protecting and supporting these criminals particularly when you have been warned for years by many people. Your heads should roll forthwith.
Understand also people that this criminal fraudulent activity is from only provable from mid 2014. Rest assured that just because it can be proved from only there doesn’t mean that the same thing didn’t happen BEFORE that too – it’s just that this is from where this individual witness can prove it. As I have said many times, these leopard have NOT changed their spots in years! There are bankruptcies and similar conduct going back YEARS before this.
If you are a Qoin believer and cannot handle this level of criticism of those that you worship, go to Mr Gunters and ask him this one question: “Did you in mid 2014 advise Qoin’s directors Edgar Kampers and Rob van Hilten in your professional capacity to declare bankruptcy?” If he answers, “Yes!” which he will, wake up, smell the roses and go away to cry. Please do not contact me with your grief or complaints. I’ve spent 3 years explaining, warning and teaching you. It’s time you grew up.
The Qoin Series
- The Qoin Con – Exposing them all - Notification of pending book release [766 words]
- Using Modus Operandii to expose Qoin - a precis of the logic used to expose the con [4,144 words]
- Coordinating Qoin’s Creditors - help and advice for Qoin's affected Creditors [3,918 words]
- Qoin Questionnaire - Creditor Questionnaire
- IRTA’s Cover-Up of The Qoin Con - IRTA actively covered for the crooks, for years [2.257 words]
- Qoin on the Ropes - The conmen moving into panic mode as creditors start calling, and squeezing [2,710 words]
- Qoin Screwing Their Creditors - Incredibly callous actions of greedy conmen without a conscience exposed [2,558 words]
- Qoin Directors’ Criminal Actions - An analysis of trading while insolvent & fraud, plus the serious consequences [3,999 words]
- Qoin’s Cover Up Commences - The first of the companies closed down (owing €95k BTW!) [1,348 words]
- Qoin’s Veritable Maze of Confusion - Just some of the current companies, the cancelled companies and the phantom companies [2,142 words]
- Qoin Fraud Exploits Crowdfunding Loopholes - Geld voor Elkaar and particularly Symbid are highly exposed having supported the Qoin fraud [1,521 words]
- Qoin Exposes Stichting Doen’s Nepotism - Stitchting DOEN has funded, was warned and covered up. They are complicit [2,273 words]
- WARNING to Tradeqoin Members - Tradeqoin is simply a database of names but all who allow their names to be used help perpetuate the fraud [635 words]
- Qoin’s Conman Rob van Hilten’s Lies - Proven liar, liar, liar, liar, lair! [1,848 words]
- WARNING to Qoin Supporters/Endorsers - Conmen leverage relationships with "big names" to gain credibility - A warning to those who may have been conned [601 words]
- Bye Bye Qoin – Officially Bankrupt - A slap in the face for Qoin's two conmen, their active supporters to the end, IRTA's Executive, and other losers who backed the donkey of BS over a thoroughbred of facts. [2,277 words]
- Issues for Qoin’s Liquidator [Curator] - All liquidators of frauds must work through deception. Good ones will get there and find the money. [1,530 words]
- IRTA Source Emails Annette Riggs [7,220 words]
- IRTA Source Email – Ron Whitney [1,098 words]
- Correcting IRTA’s ad hominems - Reveals & proves an ugly personal agenda [ 3,153 words]
- Qoin’s Bankruptcy Unravelled - The details and explanation [2,613 words]
- Qoin as a Source of Ridicule - Nobody trusts them now [1,140 words]
- Qoin’s Bankruptcy – Liquidator Report - Here's the proof! [4,722 words]
- Qoin’s Trading While Insolvent - Damning White Collar crime proved - THE KILLER-POST! [1,639 words]
- Qoin Conmen’s Methodology - Explaining the confidence game [2,741 words]
- Qoin's Bankruptcy - Industry Significance - Significant! [2,016 words]
- Qoin Spins Down & Down - IRTA's spin on Qoin's bankruptcy [991 words]
- IRTA’s Defence Undermined by FACTS - Jacob Musschenga pings IRTA's spin [1,353 words]
- IRTA: Explaining is a Sign of Defeat - Damning commentary of IRTA's Defence [3,492 words]
- Qoin’s Crimes Listed - Summarising criminal actions of Qoin's Directors [1,176 words]